Time: 9:30 AM
Today, I Skyped with one of my friends that I recently made who lives in Italy for the first time. She told me some tips about Rome because she visited the city 2 weeks ago.
2 Corinthians 10 :17 - "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."
Snohwhite Personal Blog
Minji Noh's Music
Shields of Strength
P.S. Sarah! Don't forget to contact Eva and meet up with her!
(Eva is not the one that I skyped with.)
1. There are no public bathrooms - but there are a lot of McDonald's which means that you can use their restrooms w/o having to purchase something.
- So, sometimes they would say as a joke, "I need to go to McDonald's" rather than "I need to go to the bathroom."
While we're at it: "Where is the bathroom?" = "Dov'è il bagno? "
"Where can I find a bathroom?" = "Dove posso trovare un bagno?"
2. There are a lot of street performances. Mom joked that I should take my violin and make some extra cash while I'm there.
3. Try to avoid eating out in famous plazas/centers. There are a lot of delicious, affordable "hole-in the walls" that are in alleys and such. ristorante = restaurant
4. Perhaps get a subway ticket for a month rather than having to walk around everywhere. Train ticket perhaps? stazione = train station
5. Since water is expensive, carry a water bottle around and fill it up at the water fountains. Or if need be, depending on how old the building is, tap water is okay and safe too.
6. Learn Italian phrases that I need rather than this mix of learning those and grammar basics that I am doing.
And those are just a few that I remember.
Otherwise, we had a really nice chat and will be talking soon again. I will be Skype-ing with my male friend in Italy in about an hour as well.